Sing Me My Songs

Songs We Sing

Today at Suan Lum Night Bazaar, I hung out for a while at a small music kiosk. I saw this kiosk was specialized in what i call "room music"... music that is most suitable to be played in your room. I call this talking music, not singing music. Not that the singing is bad. But on the opposite, the singing is so great that it's beyond singing, it's talking. Songs that talk! What are those "room music"? Well, Kings of Convenience is an example. So at this place I bought Kings of Convience's album, "Versus".

This guy who sells the CDS, whooooaaa... he knows music. I mean knows good music. Real good music. So for each CDs that I was interested in, he told me which tracks that he considered great. And yup, they were truly great. So after choosing some CDs that I liked [and a T-shirt which had the writing "Listen to Bob Marley"], I asked that guy which ones were his favourite CDs? He said that right now he likes the Killers "When We Were Young" [moi aussi!], but the CDs which he liked at that kiosk were: Kings of Convenience, and what he calls "Friends of Kings of Convenience". Hmmm... Friends of Kings of Convenience: Matt Costa, and Donavon Frankenreiter. I was curious. So I asked him to play the CDs. Oh.. my oh my... when he played Matt Costa's album "Songs We Sing"... I fell in love with it right from the intro of the first song "Cold December". Then came the second song "Astair"... pheeww... my love for Matt Costa became blooming right away. Astair just took my heart. So I bought that CD and also all some other CDs that were recommended by the kiosk guy.

That kiosk was my little heaven tonight, and think that man was some kind of angel... because I feel I'm alive with all the music that he recommended. Those songs which I could refer to with pieces of my life. I guess other people's life too: The Songs We Sing.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Sing Me My Songs