Sing Me My Songs

Keane: Under The Iron Sea

Keane - Under the Iron Sea
After the first album Hopes and Fears, now Keane comes with a second album, Under The Iron Sea. This time they come with less hope and more fears. Gloomier. Darker...

Perhaps this is the continuation, or Part 2, of the story which Keane started in Hopes and Fears. Part 2, is about a love [finally] lost. About the bitter reality that "love is just a lyric in a children's rhyme" [in song "Is It Any Wonder?"]. Happy ever after is only in fairytale.

The title of this album is taken from the song "Crystal Ball": I lost my heart, I buried it too deep, under the iron sea. The songs in this album cry out different burdensome feelings under that iron sea. Torn in between the heart and the ego. Confused in mix emotions. Love. Hate. Letting go. Holding on. Forgiving. Angry. Forgetting. Remembering. Trying. Giving up. Because: I'm not a stone; I'm just a man [in "Try Again"], I can't turn it on, turn it off, like you now, I'm not like you [in "Leaving So Soon?"].

My favourite song has to be "Hamburg Song". It's sweet and beautiful. With simple sound of piano organ at the background, and simple but touching lyric. This is a song for the asking: to shine a light on your life, to make you feel loved... Shine a light on my life, warm me up again. A simple asking: to be friends that brightens the dark.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Sing Me My Songs